Aug 15, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Kris Bryant’s incredible season continued last night, as the Cubs prospect hit his minors-leading 40th home run and it was a 12th-inning walk-off bomb on “Kris Bryant jersey t-shirt night” at Triple-A Iowa.
Bryant joins Rangers prospect Joey Gallo last season as the only minor leaguers to reach 40 homers during the past five seasons and between Double-A and Triple-A the 22-year-old third baseman is now hitting .336 with 40 homers, 33 doubles, 74 walks, 15 steals, and a 1.126 OPS in 122 games.
That includes .313 with 18 homers and 13 doubles in 54 games since a midseason promotion to Triple-A, which is good for a 1.083 OPS that would lead the entire Pacific Coast League if he had enough games to qualify.
And here’s the video of his walk-off homer, via MiLB.com:
- The beauty of belief 14
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 34
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)