Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a Grade 1-2 strain of his glute, per Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA. Kevin Correia, acquired from the Twins on Sunday, will start in Ryu’s place on Sunday, Stephen writes. Pedro Baez has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Ryu’s place on the roster.
Ryu left in the sixth inning of Wednesday’s start against the Braves, in which he allowed three runs over 5 2/3 innings. Overall, he’s had a pretty good season for the Dodgers, posting a 3.28 ERA with a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings.
Correia made his Dodgers debut on Monday, limiting the Braves to one run over six innings. He has otherwise struggled this season, however, as he sits with a 4.79 ERA and a 66/33 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings.
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 0
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 14
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 5
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 4
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 32
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- HBT Daily: In which I waffle on my World Series pick 13
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (116)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (111)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)