Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a Grade 1-2 strain of his glute, per Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA. Kevin Correia, acquired from the Twins on Sunday, will start in Ryu’s place on Sunday, Stephen writes. Pedro Baez has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Ryu’s place on the roster.
Ryu left in the sixth inning of Wednesday’s start against the Braves, in which he allowed three runs over 5 2/3 innings. Overall, he’s had a pretty good season for the Dodgers, posting a 3.28 ERA with a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings.
Correia made his Dodgers debut on Monday, limiting the Braves to one run over six innings. He has otherwise struggled this season, however, as he sits with a 4.79 ERA and a 66/33 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)