Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a Grade 1-2 strain of his glute, per Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA. Kevin Correia, acquired from the Twins on Sunday, will start in Ryu’s place on Sunday, Stephen writes. Pedro Baez has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Ryu’s place on the roster.
Ryu left in the sixth inning of Wednesday’s start against the Braves, in which he allowed three runs over 5 2/3 innings. Overall, he’s had a pretty good season for the Dodgers, posting a 3.28 ERA with a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings.
Correia made his Dodgers debut on Monday, limiting the Braves to one run over six innings. He has otherwise struggled this season, however, as he sits with a 4.79 ERA and a 66/33 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 6
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 42
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)