Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EDT
Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a Grade 1-2 strain of his glute, per Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA. Kevin Correia, acquired from the Twins on Sunday, will start in Ryu’s place on Sunday, Stephen writes. Pedro Baez has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Ryu’s place on the roster.
Ryu left in the sixth inning of Wednesday’s start against the Braves, in which he allowed three runs over 5 2/3 innings. Overall, he’s had a pretty good season for the Dodgers, posting a 3.28 ERA with a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings.
Correia made his Dodgers debut on Monday, limiting the Braves to one run over six innings. He has otherwise struggled this season, however, as he sits with a 4.79 ERA and a 66/33 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)