Aug 15, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Dodgers starter Hyun-Jin Ryu has been placed on the 15-day disabled list with a Grade 1-2 strain of his glute, per Eric Stephen of SB Nation’s True Blue LA. Kevin Correia, acquired from the Twins on Sunday, will start in Ryu’s place on Sunday, Stephen writes. Pedro Baez has been recalled from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Ryu’s place on the roster.
Ryu left in the sixth inning of Wednesday’s start against the Braves, in which he allowed three runs over 5 2/3 innings. Overall, he’s had a pretty good season for the Dodgers, posting a 3.28 ERA with a 122/27 K/BB ratio in 137 1/3 innings.
Correia made his Dodgers debut on Monday, limiting the Braves to one run over six innings. He has otherwise struggled this season, however, as he sits with a 4.79 ERA and a 66/33 K/BB ratio in 135 1/3 innings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)