Aug 15, 2014, 2:44 PM EDT
Edwin Encarnacion is off the disabled list and back in the Blue Jays’ lineup after missing the past six weeks with a quadriceps injury.
Encarnacion was having a monster season before the injury, hitting .277 with 26 homers and a league-high .979 OPS in 88 games. In his absence Toronto went 16-17, going from 1.0 game back in the AL East to 7.5 games back.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 21
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 42
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 42
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)