Aug 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
As expected the Indians have activated center fielder Michael Bourn from the disabled list following his latest stint on the sidelines with hamstring problems.
Bourn missed six weeks this time around and has struggled with hamstring injuries since last season, undergoing offseason surgery.
Bourn was once among the best base-stealers in MLB, swiping an average of 50 bases per 150 games from 2007-2012 and leading the league in steals in 2009, 2010, and 2011. However, the combination of being on the wrong side of 30 and all the leg problems have sapped his speed and he’s stolen a total of just 30 bases while being caught 15 times since the beginning of last season.
He’s owed $13.5 million in 2015 and $14 million in 2016.
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 46
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 82
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (237)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)