Aug 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
As expected the Indians have activated center fielder Michael Bourn from the disabled list following his latest stint on the sidelines with hamstring problems.
Bourn missed six weeks this time around and has struggled with hamstring injuries since last season, undergoing offseason surgery.
Bourn was once among the best base-stealers in MLB, swiping an average of 50 bases per 150 games from 2007-2012 and leading the league in steals in 2009, 2010, and 2011. However, the combination of being on the wrong side of 30 and all the leg problems have sapped his speed and he’s stolen a total of just 30 bases while being caught 15 times since the beginning of last season.
He’s owed $13.5 million in 2015 and $14 million in 2016.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 12
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 77
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 13
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 113
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)