Aug 15, 2014, 3:15 PM EDT
As expected the Indians have activated center fielder Michael Bourn from the disabled list following his latest stint on the sidelines with hamstring problems.
Bourn missed six weeks this time around and has struggled with hamstring injuries since last season, undergoing offseason surgery.
Bourn was once among the best base-stealers in MLB, swiping an average of 50 bases per 150 games from 2007-2012 and leading the league in steals in 2009, 2010, and 2011. However, the combination of being on the wrong side of 30 and all the leg problems have sapped his speed and he’s stolen a total of just 30 bases while being caught 15 times since the beginning of last season.
He’s owed $13.5 million in 2015 and $14 million in 2016.
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 5
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 16
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 33
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 67
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 7
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)