Aug 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EST
Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports that White Sox pitching prospect Carlos Rodon has been promoted to Triple-A Charlotte and he’ll make his debut there on Tuesday. Rodon, 21, was selected by the White Sox in the first round, third overall, of the 2014 draft out of North Carolina State University.
Rodon made two appearances in the Arizona League before joining Winston-Salem at Single-A. In 9 2/3 innings there, Rodon posted a 1.86 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 70
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 21
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)