Aug 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports that White Sox pitching prospect Carlos Rodon has been promoted to Triple-A Charlotte and he’ll make his debut there on Tuesday. Rodon, 21, was selected by the White Sox in the first round, third overall, of the 2014 draft out of North Carolina State University.
Rodon made two appearances in the Arizona League before joining Winston-Salem at Single-A. In 9 2/3 innings there, Rodon posted a 1.86 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 2
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)