Aug 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports that White Sox pitching prospect Carlos Rodon has been promoted to Triple-A Charlotte and he’ll make his debut there on Tuesday. Rodon, 21, was selected by the White Sox in the first round, third overall, of the 2014 draft out of North Carolina State University.
Rodon made two appearances in the Arizona League before joining Winston-Salem at Single-A. In 9 2/3 innings there, Rodon posted a 1.86 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)