Aug 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports that White Sox pitching prospect Carlos Rodon has been promoted to Triple-A Charlotte and he’ll make his debut there on Tuesday. Rodon, 21, was selected by the White Sox in the first round, third overall, of the 2014 draft out of North Carolina State University.
Rodon made two appearances in the Arizona League before joining Winston-Salem at Single-A. In 9 2/3 innings there, Rodon posted a 1.86 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 27
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 18
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)