Aug 16, 2014, 11:15 PM EDT
Colleen Kane of the Chicago Tribune reports that White Sox pitching prospect Carlos Rodon has been promoted to Triple-A Charlotte and he’ll make his debut there on Tuesday. Rodon, 21, was selected by the White Sox in the first round, third overall, of the 2014 draft out of North Carolina State University.
Rodon made two appearances in the Arizona League before joining Winston-Salem at Single-A. In 9 2/3 innings there, Rodon posted a 1.86 ERA with a 15/5 K/BB ratio.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 18
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)