Aug 16, 2014, 10:00 PM EDT
According to CSN Chicago’s Patrick Mooney, the Cubs are planning to call up outfield prospect Matt Szczur after tonight’s game against the Mets. MLB.com’s Carrie Muskat says the same, though the club has not confirmed it.
Szczur, 25, was drafted by the Cubs in the fifth round of the 2010 draft out of Villanova University. He was a successful football player, but passed that up to pursue baseball. This season has been his first against Triple-A competition. He has compiled a .261/.315/.312 slash line with 30 stolen bases.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 27
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 117
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)