Aug 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe will be placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring, according to manager Don Mattingly as MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports. Uribe left in the seventh inning of Friday night’s game against the Brewers after suffering the injury.
Uribe missed more than a month with a strained right hamstring between May 21 and June 26. When he has been in the lineup, Uribe has been productive as he has a .293/.320/.411 slash line with six home runs and 35 RBI in 319 plate appearances.
Justin Turner is in tonight’s starting lineup at third base and figures to get the lion’s share of the playing time at the hot corner while Uribe is on the mend. The Dodgers have recalled Carlos Triunfel from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Uribe’s spot on the roster.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)