Aug 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EST
Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe will be placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring, according to manager Don Mattingly as MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports. Uribe left in the seventh inning of Friday night’s game against the Brewers after suffering the injury.
Uribe missed more than a month with a strained right hamstring between May 21 and June 26. When he has been in the lineup, Uribe has been productive as he has a .293/.320/.411 slash line with six home runs and 35 RBI in 319 plate appearances.
Justin Turner is in tonight’s starting lineup at third base and figures to get the lion’s share of the playing time at the hot corner while Uribe is on the mend. The Dodgers have recalled Carlos Triunfel from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Uribe’s spot on the roster.
- David Ortiz and Robinson Cano give their Super Bowl XLIX predictions 6
- Zack Greinke hasn’t made decision about opt-out 8
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 20
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 42
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 106
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (106)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)