Aug 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe will be placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring, according to manager Don Mattingly as MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports. Uribe left in the seventh inning of Friday night’s game against the Brewers after suffering the injury.
Uribe missed more than a month with a strained right hamstring between May 21 and June 26. When he has been in the lineup, Uribe has been productive as he has a .293/.320/.411 slash line with six home runs and 35 RBI in 319 plate appearances.
Justin Turner is in tonight’s starting lineup at third base and figures to get the lion’s share of the playing time at the hot corner while Uribe is on the mend. The Dodgers have recalled Carlos Triunfel from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Uribe’s spot on the roster.
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 1
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 5
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 44
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 31
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 45
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)