Aug 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe will be placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring, according to manager Don Mattingly as MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports. Uribe left in the seventh inning of Friday night’s game against the Brewers after suffering the injury.
Uribe missed more than a month with a strained right hamstring between May 21 and June 26. When he has been in the lineup, Uribe has been productive as he has a .293/.320/.411 slash line with six home runs and 35 RBI in 319 plate appearances.
Justin Turner is in tonight’s starting lineup at third base and figures to get the lion’s share of the playing time at the hot corner while Uribe is on the mend. The Dodgers have recalled Carlos Triunfel from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Uribe’s spot on the roster.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)