Aug 16, 2014, 7:45 PM EDT
Dodgers third baseman Juan Uribe will be placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained right hamstring, according to manager Don Mattingly as MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick reports. Uribe left in the seventh inning of Friday night’s game against the Brewers after suffering the injury.
Uribe missed more than a month with a strained right hamstring between May 21 and June 26. When he has been in the lineup, Uribe has been productive as he has a .293/.320/.411 slash line with six home runs and 35 RBI in 319 plate appearances.
Justin Turner is in tonight’s starting lineup at third base and figures to get the lion’s share of the playing time at the hot corner while Uribe is on the mend. The Dodgers have recalled Carlos Triunfel from Triple-A Albuquerque to take Uribe’s spot on the roster.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)