Aug 16, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Rockies activated Michael Cuddyer earlier today in time for tonight’s game against the Reds at home. He is batting clean-up and playing first base. The club also called up pitcher Brooks Brown from Triple-A Colorado Springs. In related roster moves, pitcher Tommy Kahnle was placed on the 15-day DL, first baseman Ben Paulsen was optioned to Triple-A, and pitcher Brett Anderson was moved to the 60-day disabled list.
Cuddyer, 35, had been out since early June with a fractured left shoulder socket. After leading the league in batting average last season, Cuddyer was having another productive year leading up to the injury. He was slashing .317/.366/.500 with five home runs and 16 RBI over 131 plate appearances. The veteran is eligible for free agency after the season, so he’ll be using the remaining month and a half of the season to reestablish his value.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 75
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)