Aug 16, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
The Rockies activated Michael Cuddyer earlier today in time for tonight’s game against the Reds at home. He is batting clean-up and playing first base. The club also called up pitcher Brooks Brown from Triple-A Colorado Springs. In related roster moves, pitcher Tommy Kahnle was placed on the 15-day DL, first baseman Ben Paulsen was optioned to Triple-A, and pitcher Brett Anderson was moved to the 60-day disabled list.
Cuddyer, 35, had been out since early June with a fractured left shoulder socket. After leading the league in batting average last season, Cuddyer was having another productive year leading up to the injury. He was slashing .317/.366/.500 with five home runs and 16 RBI over 131 plate appearances. The veteran is eligible for free agency after the season, so he’ll be using the remaining month and a half of the season to reestablish his value.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)