Aug 16, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
The Rockies activated Michael Cuddyer earlier today in time for tonight’s game against the Reds at home. He is batting clean-up and playing first base. The club also called up pitcher Brooks Brown from Triple-A Colorado Springs. In related roster moves, pitcher Tommy Kahnle was placed on the 15-day DL, first baseman Ben Paulsen was optioned to Triple-A, and pitcher Brett Anderson was moved to the 60-day disabled list.
Cuddyer, 35, had been out since early June with a fractured left shoulder socket. After leading the league in batting average last season, Cuddyer was having another productive year leading up to the injury. He was slashing .317/.366/.500 with five home runs and 16 RBI over 131 plate appearances. The veteran is eligible for free agency after the season, so he’ll be using the remaining month and a half of the season to reestablish his value.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)