Aug 16, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Watch as Mariners rookie shortstop Chris Taylor making a diving stop before throwing out Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez from the outfield grass. Oh, and we also get a bonus collision between Martinez and Logan Morrison at first base. Fortunately nobody got hurt here, so this video is just a lot of fun to watch.
Called up last month amid the struggles of Brad Miler, Taylor has seized his opportunity at the starting shortstop job by hitting .385 (20-for-52) with five doubles and four RBI over his first 18 games in the majors.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)