Aug 16, 2014, 10:48 AM EDT
Watch as Mariners rookie shortstop Chris Taylor making a diving stop before throwing out Tigers designated hitter Victor Martinez from the outfield grass. Oh, and we also get a bonus collision between Martinez and Logan Morrison at first base. Fortunately nobody got hurt here, so this video is just a lot of fun to watch.
Called up last month amid the struggles of Brad Miler, Taylor has seized his opportunity at the starting shortstop job by hitting .385 (20-for-52) with five doubles and four RBI over his first 18 games in the majors.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)