Aug 16, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
50 Cent, you’re off the hook, buddy. It looks like we have a new champion for the worst ceremonial first pitch.
Monique Evans, the reigning Miss Texas, threw out the first pitch before last night’s game between the Angels and Rangers at Globe Life Park in Arlington. As you’ll see below, it was off the mark by a rather significant margin.
Yikes. Those mechanics aren’t recommended, kids. This whole situation is made more humorous by the presence of Captain, the Rangers’ team mascot. Evans seemed to be a good sport about the whole thing, so at least we can all laugh about it together.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (226)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)