Aug 16, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
50 Cent, you’re off the hook, buddy. It looks like we have a new champion for the worst ceremonial first pitch.
Monique Evans, the reigning Miss Texas, threw out the first pitch before last night’s game between the Angels and Rangers at Globe Life Park in Arlington. As you’ll see below, it was off the mark by a rather significant margin.
Yikes. Those mechanics aren’t recommended, kids. This whole situation is made more humorous by the presence of Captain, the Rangers’ team mascot. Evans seemed to be a good sport about the whole thing, so at least we can all laugh about it together.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 236
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (252)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)