Aug 16, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
50 Cent, you’re off the hook, buddy. It looks like we have a new champion for the worst ceremonial first pitch.
Monique Evans, the reigning Miss Texas, threw out the first pitch before last night’s game between the Angels and Rangers at Globe Life Park in Arlington. As you’ll see below, it was off the mark by a rather significant margin.
Yikes. Those mechanics aren’t recommended, kids. This whole situation is made more humorous by the presence of Captain, the Rangers’ team mascot. Evans seemed to be a good sport about the whole thing, so at least we can all laugh about it together.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 13
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 17
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 9
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 59
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)