Aug 16, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
50 Cent, you’re off the hook, buddy. It looks like we have a new champion for the worst ceremonial first pitch.
Monique Evans, the reigning Miss Texas, threw out the first pitch before last night’s game between the Angels and Rangers at Globe Life Park in Arlington. As you’ll see below, it was off the mark by a rather significant margin.
Yikes. Those mechanics aren’t recommended, kids. This whole situation is made more humorous by the presence of Captain, the Rangers’ team mascot. Evans seemed to be a good sport about the whole thing, so at least we can all laugh about it together.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)