Aug 16, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
50 Cent, you’re off the hook, buddy. It looks like we have a new champion for the worst ceremonial first pitch.
Monique Evans, the reigning Miss Texas, threw out the first pitch before last night’s game between the Angels and Rangers at Globe Life Park in Arlington. As you’ll see below, it was off the mark by a rather significant margin.
Yikes. Those mechanics aren’t recommended, kids. This whole situation is made more humorous by the presence of Captain, the Rangers’ team mascot. Evans seemed to be a good sport about the whole thing, so at least we can all laugh about it together.
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 0
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 21
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 66
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 26
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 134
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)