Aug 17, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Actor Matthew McConaughey was in attendance at Fenway Park for Sunday’s series finale between the Astros and Red Sox. During the eighth inning, with the Astros leading 8-1, CSN Houston’s Julia Morales flagged McConaughey down for an interview to discuss — what else? — fanny packs.
McConaughey noted that he wears his fanny pack to the side to make it “a little not as nerdy” and predicts that fanny packs will come back in style “some decade from now”.
The Red Sox went on to lose 8-1, splitting their four-game series with the Astros.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 3
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 17
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 31
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)