Aug 17, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Actor Matthew McConaughey was in attendance at Fenway Park for Sunday’s series finale between the Astros and Red Sox. During the eighth inning, with the Astros leading 8-1, CSN Houston’s Julia Morales flagged McConaughey down for an interview to discuss — what else? — fanny packs.
McConaughey noted that he wears his fanny pack to the side to make it “a little not as nerdy” and predicts that fanny packs will come back in style “some decade from now”.
The Red Sox went on to lose 8-1, splitting their four-game series with the Astros.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 134
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)