Aug 17, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Actor Matthew McConaughey was in attendance at Fenway Park for Sunday’s series finale between the Astros and Red Sox. During the eighth inning, with the Astros leading 8-1, CSN Houston’s Julia Morales flagged McConaughey down for an interview to discuss — what else? — fanny packs.
McConaughey noted that he wears his fanny pack to the side to make it “a little not as nerdy” and predicts that fanny packs will come back in style “some decade from now”.
The Red Sox went on to lose 8-1, splitting their four-game series with the Astros.
- World Series Reset: Game 1 — finally! — is tonight 3
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)