Aug 17, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Actor Matthew McConaughey was in attendance at Fenway Park for Sunday’s series finale between the Astros and Red Sox. During the eighth inning, with the Astros leading 8-1, CSN Houston’s Julia Morales flagged McConaughey down for an interview to discuss — what else? — fanny packs.
McConaughey noted that he wears his fanny pack to the side to make it “a little not as nerdy” and predicts that fanny packs will come back in style “some decade from now”.
The Red Sox went on to lose 8-1, splitting their four-game series with the Astros.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 41
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)