Aug 17, 2014, 8:53 AM EDT
Suddenly the American League West is all tied up.
Albert Pujols and Howie Kendrick both went yard and Matt Shoemaker pitched well over 5 2/3 innings as the Angels topped the Rangers 5-4 on Saturday night in Arlington, Texas. The A’s, meanwhile, got a third straight poor start from Sonny Gray and lost 4-3 to the Braves at Atlanta’s Turner Field.
It was the fourth straight loss for Oakland and for Anaheim it was the fourth straight win. The Halos, who weren’t nearly as aggressive as the A’s ahead of the July 31 trade deadline, now have a share of first place in the American League West for the first time since Opening Day 2013.
Your box scores and recaps from Saturday …
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 13
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 32
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 12
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)