Video: Rockies’ number retirement tribute for Todd Helton

Aug 17, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT

Here’s the video that played Sunday at Coors Field during Todd Helton’s jersey retirement ceremony:

Helton batted .316/.414/.539 with 369 home runs and 1,406 RBI during his 17 seasons with the Rockies.

1. megary - Aug 17, 2014 at 6:11 PM

That was pretty much…um…awesome.

• cardsnrocks - Aug 17, 2014 at 8:23 PM

Yes it was.

2. govtminion - Aug 17, 2014 at 6:39 PM

Great tribute… I just wish there was a better team being put out there in his honor.

(This has been a truly awful season to be a Colorado fan.)

3. buffbry - Aug 17, 2014 at 6:56 PM

This team shouldn’t even be allowed to have any video tribute. Their Owner is the biggest piece of trash on the face of sports earth. I rather have Marge Schott with Pete Rose gambling as my manager/Owner. I live in Colorado and will never give this Freaking douchebag 1 cent ever again. When he sells, i’ll think about it. I hope this team dissolves or relocates. #FTHED

4. miguelcairo - Aug 17, 2014 at 7:16 PM

.316 career hitter. Wow.

• florida76 - Aug 17, 2014 at 8:26 PM

Helton’s .316 average and other stats were helped by Coors Field, and he never won a world title. He’ll go down in history as a terrific player, but not a hall of famer.

• Reflex - Aug 17, 2014 at 9:01 PM

He really should get more consideration than he will. WAR corrects for park/league/era and its got him at 61.5 on BBRef. That is borderline HOFer and he would be better than many already in there. By bWAR he would be the 13th best 1B in the HoF, and his 7 year peak is well above the average…

5. yahmule - Aug 17, 2014 at 8:52 PM

I’m just relieved they didn’t call it Todd Hilton Day.

6. coryrox78 - Aug 18, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I was at the game and it was a fitting tribute for a class act and all around great ball player.

7. Tribe&Browns&Cavs - Aug 18, 2014 at 10:46 AM

I’m out visiting family in Colorado and almost made the drive to Denver for this. Have to respect this guy, he’s a class act.

Unfortunately the owner isn’t a class act and I wasn’t giving him $33 minimum for a “cheap” seat to see the ceremony and his now crappy team play.

Will Stanton worry about future beanings?
  1. G. Stanton (3481)