2014 August 18
Aug 18, 2014, 11:34 PM EST
Nick Markakis had himself a mighty fine evening.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:01 PM EST
The Nationals have won seven straight, including three in a row in walk-off fashion.
Aug 18, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Felix Hernandez suffered a hip bruise against the Tigers on Saturday, but the Mariners’ ace says he’s “good” to go for his next start.
Aug 18, 2014, 9:09 PM EST
Doug Fister was a perfectly useful pitcher for Detroit, but he didn’t show up on the radar gun. Now, Fister is leading the National not the playoffs while the Tigers are fighting to stay alive.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:49 PM EST
Considered the top prospect in the game, Byron Buxton has only appeared in 31 games this season.
Aug 18, 2014, 8:01 PM EST
Pirates minor league right-hander Michael Clemens has been suspended 68 games for “possession and use” of human growth hormone.
Aug 18, 2014, 7:16 PM EST
28 teams reportedly attended a showcase for Cuban free agent Rusney Castillo late last month.
Aug 18, 2014, 6:22 PM EST
After 584 games in the majors, Pedro Alvarez is going to try something new.
Aug 18, 2014, 5:31 PM EST
What’s wrong with the Angels’ left fielder?
Aug 18, 2014, 5:02 PM EST
And after one inning, it’s Angelos 1, Lerners 0.
Aug 18, 2014, 4:51 PM EST
Herrera hit .233 with a .596 OPS in 42 games for the Red Sox until being demoted to the minors last month and then hit .309 with a .732 OPS in 15 games at Triple-A.
Aug 18, 2014, 4:26 PM EST
In his absence Pittsburgh has shifted Starling Marte from left field to center field and used Travis Snider as the primary left fielder. And the Pirates have gone 5-8 without McCutchen in the lineup, including five consecutive losses.
Aug 18, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Why is this man smiling?
Aug 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
He hit just .272 with seven homers and one stolen base in 86 games before the injury, posting a .701 OPS that’s his lowest in nine seasons with the Reds.
Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
Shuffling young prospects is the order of the day.
Aug 18, 2014, 1:47 PM EST
Time is a flat circle changeup.
Aug 18, 2014, 1:30 PM EST
Jenna and I with out latest installment of “Hey, that team that used to be crappy isn’t crappy anymore” theater.
Aug 18, 2014, 1:16 PM EST
Joey Gallo smacked his 40th homer of the season Sunday at Double-A, which means the Rangers prospect is now tied with Cubs prospect Kris Bryant for the minor-league lead.
Aug 18, 2014, 1:00 PM EST
The Nats get some depth as they gear up for the playoffs.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:46 PM EST
Pena played pretty well at Triple-A, batting .297 with four homers and an .850 OPS in 20 games.
Aug 18, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
They don’t make managers like this anymore. That’s probably a good thing.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:50 AM EST
Detroit wasted no time in calling up Jim Johnson, adding him to the bullpen after just 4.2 innings in the minors following his release by Oakland.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:43 AM EST
Rob Manfred has a problem to tackle. Thankfully, he already has the rules at his disposal to tackle it. Let’s see if he does.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Holliday is having the worst season of his career at age 34, posting career-lows in batting average (.260), slugging percentage (.407), and OPS (.769) while hitting just 12 homers in 119 games.
Aug 18, 2014, 11:03 AM EST
And quit thinking you’re all that. Even though we say you’re all that and hang on every little thing that you do.
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 69
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 122
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 83
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal 135
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history 124
- Biggest deal in baseball history: Giancarlo Stanton close to 13-year, $325 million contract with Marlins (182)
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Done Deal: Giancarlo Stanton and the Marlins agree on the biggest contract in baseball history (124)