Aug 18, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Hernandez was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Ian Kinsler in the fourth inning on Saturday and ended up allowing two runs over five innings before exiting. The outing snapped his major-league record streak of 16 starts of seven or more innings with two runs or fewer allowed. However, his hip isn’t a major concern, so he’ll now look to begin a new streak.
Hernandez leads the American League with a 1.99 ERA and owns a fantastic 197/32 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 7
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)