Aug 18, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Hernandez was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Ian Kinsler in the fourth inning on Saturday and ended up allowing two runs over five innings before exiting. The outing snapped his major-league record streak of 16 starts of seven or more innings with two runs or fewer allowed. However, his hip isn’t a major concern, so he’ll now look to begin a new streak.
Hernandez leads the American League with a 1.99 ERA and owns a fantastic 197/32 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (159)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)