Aug 18, 2014, 10:02 PM EST
Hernandez was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Ian Kinsler in the fourth inning on Saturday and ended up allowing two runs over five innings before exiting. The outing snapped his major-league record streak of 16 starts of seven or more innings with two runs or fewer allowed. However, his hip isn’t a major concern, so he’ll now look to begin a new streak.
Hernandez leads the American League with a 1.99 ERA and owns a fantastic 197/32 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 2
- Report: Red Sox finalizing a 5-year, $90 million deal with Hanley Ramirez 22
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 22
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)