Aug 18, 2014, 10:02 PM EDT
Hernandez was hit by a comebacker off the bat of Ian Kinsler in the fourth inning on Saturday and ended up allowing two runs over five innings before exiting. The outing snapped his major-league record streak of 16 starts of seven or more innings with two runs or fewer allowed. However, his hip isn’t a major concern, so he’ll now look to begin a new streak.
Hernandez leads the American League with a 1.99 ERA and owns a fantastic 197/32 K/BB ratio over 185 1/3 innings.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 40
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)