Aug 18, 2014, 5:31 PM EDT
It’s unclear if this is a benching, a self-benching or if he’s banged up, but Howie Kendrick is batting cleanup and Brennan Boesch is playing left field. Hamilton will have had five of eight days off total after today. So if he is hurt, you have to figure it’s close to time that he hits the DL, as he’s had enough time to figure out if he can play through whatever it is.
And really, Angels fans are probably hoping its physical as opposed to anything else.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)