Aug 18, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo breaks down the remaining schedules of the playoff contenders today.
The Yankees are at one end of the spectrum. The Dodgers are on the other end. To find out which is which, go read the article. But know that the most interesting part of the thing is that he has 19 teams as “playoff contenders,” which (a) is pretty much right, even if there are a few stretches in there; and (b) that level of parity means that the differences between the hardest and the easiest schedules may not be all that great, actually.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)