Aug 18, 2014, 4:07 PM EDT
Jeff Passan of Yahoo breaks down the remaining schedules of the playoff contenders today.
The Yankees are at one end of the spectrum. The Dodgers are on the other end. To find out which is which, go read the article. But know that the most interesting part of the thing is that he has 19 teams as “playoff contenders,” which (a) is pretty much right, even if there are a few stretches in there; and (b) that level of parity means that the differences between the hardest and the easiest schedules may not be all that great, actually.
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)