Aug 18, 2014, 4:07 PM EST
Jeff Passan of Yahoo breaks down the remaining schedules of the playoff contenders today.
The Yankees are at one end of the spectrum. The Dodgers are on the other end. To find out which is which, go read the article. But know that the most interesting part of the thing is that he has 19 teams as “playoff contenders,” which (a) is pretty much right, even if there are a few stretches in there; and (b) that level of parity means that the differences between the hardest and the easiest schedules may not be all that great, actually.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)