Aug 18, 2014, 9:16 AM EDT
As far as tributes go I think this way better than the media hagiographies. I mean, this corn maze with Derek Jeter’s face only has one cliche in it — the words “Captain Clutch” — instead of a dozen or so like most of Johnny Sportswriter’s Jeter columns:
Of all the tributes to Derek Jeter, this may be the corniest.
The retiring Yankees captain’s face is now etched into a five-acre corn maze at VonThun Farms on Ridge Road in South Brunswick.
The corn-maze design was originally going to be a tractor with pumpkins in it, but the company that helps the VonThun family with its corn maze had a better idea, and it’s still great in September and October.
It’s just like Jeter too: almost exactly and equally great in September as it is in October, yet everyone will say it’s ten times better in October.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 46
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 51
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 49
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 64
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)