Aug 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EST
Second baseman Brandon Phillips is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup after missing the past five weeks following thumb surgery.
Phillips went 2-for-8 (.250) with a double in three games on a brief minor-league rehab assignment, with both hits coming Sunday at Single-A.
He hit just .272 with seven homers and one stolen base in 86 games before the injury, posting a .701 OPS that’s his lowest in nine seasons with the Reds.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 27
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 29
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 376
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (376)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)