Aug 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Second baseman Brandon Phillips is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup after missing the past five weeks following thumb surgery.
Phillips went 2-for-8 (.250) with a double in three games on a brief minor-league rehab assignment, with both hits coming Sunday at Single-A.
He hit just .272 with seven homers and one stolen base in 86 games before the injury, posting a .701 OPS that’s his lowest in nine seasons with the Reds.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)