Aug 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Second baseman Brandon Phillips is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup after missing the past five weeks following thumb surgery.
Phillips went 2-for-8 (.250) with a double in three games on a brief minor-league rehab assignment, with both hits coming Sunday at Single-A.
He hit just .272 with seven homers and one stolen base in 86 games before the injury, posting a .701 OPS that’s his lowest in nine seasons with the Reds.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)