Aug 18, 2014, 3:45 PM EDT
Second baseman Brandon Phillips is off the disabled list and back in the Reds’ lineup after missing the past five weeks following thumb surgery.
Phillips went 2-for-8 (.250) with a double in three games on a brief minor-league rehab assignment, with both hits coming Sunday at Single-A.
He hit just .272 with seven homers and one stolen base in 86 games before the injury, posting a .701 OPS that’s his lowest in nine seasons with the Reds.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)