Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
One day, if the Red Sox’ plans go the way they want them, both Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley, Jr. will be on the same team at the same time. But not today. Boston recalled Betts from Triple-A Pawtucket and optioned Bradley back down.
Betts hasn’t impressed anyone at the big league level, but you figure the Sox want to see him playing every day as they play out the string in order to see what they have. Meanwhile, Bradley’s defense is excellent, but he’s struggling at the plate. He’s more of a known quantity of course, so you figure they’re better off letting him relax and readjust in the minors.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 21
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)