Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
One day, if the Red Sox’ plans go the way they want them, both Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley, Jr. will be on the same team at the same time. But not today. Boston recalled Betts from Triple-A Pawtucket and optioned Bradley back down.
Betts hasn’t impressed anyone at the big league level, but you figure the Sox want to see him playing every day as they play out the string in order to see what they have. Meanwhile, Bradley’s defense is excellent, but he’s struggling at the plate. He’s more of a known quantity of course, so you figure they’re better off letting him relax and readjust in the minors.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)