Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM EDT
One day, if the Red Sox’ plans go the way they want them, both Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley, Jr. will be on the same team at the same time. But not today. Boston recalled Betts from Triple-A Pawtucket and optioned Bradley back down.
Betts hasn’t impressed anyone at the big league level, but you figure the Sox want to see him playing every day as they play out the string in order to see what they have. Meanwhile, Bradley’s defense is excellent, but he’s struggling at the plate. He’s more of a known quantity of course, so you figure they’re better off letting him relax and readjust in the minors.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (248)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)