Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
One day, if the Red Sox’ plans go the way they want them, both Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley, Jr. will be on the same team at the same time. But not today. Boston recalled Betts from Triple-A Pawtucket and optioned Bradley back down.
Betts hasn’t impressed anyone at the big league level, but you figure the Sox want to see him playing every day as they play out the string in order to see what they have. Meanwhile, Bradley’s defense is excellent, but he’s struggling at the plate. He’s more of a known quantity of course, so you figure they’re better off letting him relax and readjust in the minors.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 0
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)