Aug 18, 2014, 2:31 PM EST
One day, if the Red Sox’ plans go the way they want them, both Mookie Betts and Jackie Bradley, Jr. will be on the same team at the same time. But not today. Boston recalled Betts from Triple-A Pawtucket and optioned Bradley back down.
Betts hasn’t impressed anyone at the big league level, but you figure the Sox want to see him playing every day as they play out the string in order to see what they have. Meanwhile, Bradley’s defense is excellent, but he’s struggling at the plate. He’s more of a known quantity of course, so you figure they’re better off letting him relax and readjust in the minors.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 32
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 377
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (377)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)