Aug 18, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
I saw this at Sporting News, but it’s gonna be everywhere before the end of the day. It’s Myrtle Beach manager Joe Mikulik, who is not content to merely be ejected:
This is the other side of the coin from the ump show stuff we highlighted earlier today. Just because you can be a jackwagon like this — and just because managers in the days of yore made something close to a habit of it — doesn’t mean you should. For a game so preoccupied with professionalism, I would hope that people would frown on these kinds of tantrums more.
Even if, in isolation, yes, they’re kind of hilarious.
Be sure to check out that Sporting News link. They have past examples of Mikulik acting like a loon.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (363)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (77)