Aug 18, 2014, 12:30 PM EDT
I saw this at Sporting News, but it’s gonna be everywhere before the end of the day. It’s Myrtle Beach manager Joe Mikulik, who is not content to merely be ejected:
This is the other side of the coin from the ump show stuff we highlighted earlier today. Just because you can be a jackwagon like this — and just because managers in the days of yore made something close to a habit of it — doesn’t mean you should. For a game so preoccupied with professionalism, I would hope that people would frown on these kinds of tantrums more.
Even if, in isolation, yes, they’re kind of hilarious.
Be sure to check out that Sporting News link. They have past examples of Mikulik acting like a loon.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69