Aug 18, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
I saw this at Sporting News, but it’s gonna be everywhere before the end of the day. It’s Myrtle Beach manager Joe Mikulik, who is not content to merely be ejected:
This is the other side of the coin from the ump show stuff we highlighted earlier today. Just because you can be a jackwagon like this — and just because managers in the days of yore made something close to a habit of it — doesn’t mean you should. For a game so preoccupied with professionalism, I would hope that people would frown on these kinds of tantrums more.
Even if, in isolation, yes, they’re kind of hilarious.
Be sure to check out that Sporting News link. They have past examples of Mikulik acting like a loon.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)