Aug 18, 2014, 12:30 PM EST
I saw this at Sporting News, but it’s gonna be everywhere before the end of the day. It’s Myrtle Beach manager Joe Mikulik, who is not content to merely be ejected:
This is the other side of the coin from the ump show stuff we highlighted earlier today. Just because you can be a jackwagon like this — and just because managers in the days of yore made something close to a habit of it — doesn’t mean you should. For a game so preoccupied with professionalism, I would hope that people would frown on these kinds of tantrums more.
Even if, in isolation, yes, they’re kind of hilarious.
Be sure to check out that Sporting News link. They have past examples of Mikulik acting like a loon.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)