Aug 19, 2014, 9:16 AM EST
This is cool. From an article at Wired looking at bats with a differently-shaped handle. Instead of fully round, it tapers out and up a bit like an axe handle. There are pictures of it at the article.
The article refers to a “study,” though whether it’s a real study or a quasi-marketing document is unclear. Whatever it is, though, the claim is that it increases offensive production and reduces the risk to hamate bone fractures we’ve seen happen to so many hitters over the years. It if actually does do that — and again, I doubt enough guys have used this bat for it to be studied properly — it could be a nice benefit.
Next up: an elbow brace that eliminates the possibility of ligament tears for pitchers. Please?
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15