Aug 19, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Ryan Raburn‘s disappointing season for the Indians now includes a trip to the disabled list with a sore right wrist.
Raburn hit .272 with 16 homers and a career-high .901 OPS in 87 games as a part-timer for the Indians last season, which got him a two-year, $4.85 million contract. This year he’s hit just .173 in 70 games, posting a sub-.200 batting average for the second time in three seasons.
Tyler Holt has been recalled from Triple-A to replace Raburn on the roster.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 280
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 32
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (291)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)