Aug 19, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Ryan Raburn‘s disappointing season for the Indians now includes a trip to the disabled list with a sore right wrist.
Raburn hit .272 with 16 homers and a career-high .901 OPS in 87 games as a part-timer for the Indians last season, which got him a two-year, $4.85 million contract. This year he’s hit just .173 in 70 games, posting a sub-.200 batting average for the second time in three seasons.
Tyler Holt has been recalled from Triple-A to replace Raburn on the roster.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)