Aug 19, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Ryan Raburn‘s disappointing season for the Indians now includes a trip to the disabled list with a sore right wrist.
Raburn hit .272 with 16 homers and a career-high .901 OPS in 87 games as a part-timer for the Indians last season, which got him a two-year, $4.85 million contract. This year he’s hit just .173 in 70 games, posting a sub-.200 batting average for the second time in three seasons.
Tyler Holt has been recalled from Triple-A to replace Raburn on the roster.
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 9
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 66
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 9
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 86
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 20
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- There’s nothing better than a Game 7? Well, maybe there is. 23
- Report: Cubs hire Joe Maddon as manager 72
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (147)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)