Aug 19, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Ryan Raburn‘s disappointing season for the Indians now includes a trip to the disabled list with a sore right wrist.
Raburn hit .272 with 16 homers and a career-high .901 OPS in 87 games as a part-timer for the Indians last season, which got him a two-year, $4.85 million contract. This year he’s hit just .173 in 70 games, posting a sub-.200 batting average for the second time in three seasons.
Tyler Holt has been recalled from Triple-A to replace Raburn on the roster.
- Christian Vazquez to undergo Tommy John surgery 9
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 30
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 47
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)