Aug 19, 2014, 5:29 PM EDT
Ryan Raburn‘s disappointing season for the Indians now includes a trip to the disabled list with a sore right wrist.
Raburn hit .272 with 16 homers and a career-high .901 OPS in 87 games as a part-timer for the Indians last season, which got him a two-year, $4.85 million contract. This year he’s hit just .173 in 70 games, posting a sub-.200 batting average for the second time in three seasons.
Tyler Holt has been recalled from Triple-A to replace Raburn on the roster.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 0
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 63
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)