Aug 19, 2014, 6:14 PM EST
Cubs third base prospect Kris Bryant sent a scare through the organization on Saturday when he had to leave a game at Triple-A Iowa with pain in his left big toe. But all is well with the budding superstar.
Bryant underwent a range of tests over the weekend that all turned up negative and he doubled and drew a walk in his return to the Iowa Cubs’ starting lineup on Tuesday, tweets Carrie Muskat of MLB.com.
Bryant entered play Tuesday with a .333/.441/.678 batting line, 40 home runs, and 103 RBI in 125 games between Double-A and Triple-A. He is on track to make his major league debut in early 2015.
- Cliff Pennington avoids arbitration, agrees to $3.275 million deal with D’Backs 3
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 29
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 44
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40