Aug 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EST
Via Corey Brock, the Padres beat writer for MLB.com …
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) August 19, 2014
Hahn threw only 69 innings last year in the Rays’ minor league system, so the Padres are trying to be careful with his workload. He has already totaled 110 1/3 innings this season between the minors and majors.
The plan is to use him lightly at Double-A and then call him back up when rosters expand in September.
Hahn was acquired from Tampa Bay in the five-player January trade involving utilityman Logan Forsythe and the 25-year-old right-hander already has the makings of a long-term frontline starter for the Friars. Hahn boasts a superb 2.96 ERA, 1.129 WHIP and 65/29 K/BB ratio through his first 70 innings at the major league level.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (127)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)