Aug 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
Via Corey Brock, the Padres beat writer for MLB.com …
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) August 19, 2014
Hahn threw only 69 innings last year in the Rays’ minor league system, so the Padres are trying to be careful with his workload. He has already totaled 110 1/3 innings this season between the minors and majors.
The plan is to use him lightly at Double-A and then call him back up when rosters expand in September.
Hahn was acquired from Tampa Bay in the five-player January trade involving utilityman Logan Forsythe and the 25-year-old right-hander already has the makings of a long-term frontline starter for the Friars. Hahn boasts a superb 2.96 ERA, 1.129 WHIP and 65/29 K/BB ratio through his first 70 innings at the major league level.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 4
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 14
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)