Aug 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
Via Corey Brock, the Padres beat writer for MLB.com …
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) August 19, 2014
Hahn threw only 69 innings last year in the Rays’ minor league system, so the Padres are trying to be careful with his workload. He has already totaled 110 1/3 innings this season between the minors and majors.
The plan is to use him lightly at Double-A and then call him back up when rosters expand in September.
Hahn was acquired from Tampa Bay in the five-player January trade involving utilityman Logan Forsythe and the 25-year-old right-hander already has the makings of a long-term frontline starter for the Friars. Hahn boasts a superb 2.96 ERA, 1.129 WHIP and 65/29 K/BB ratio through his first 70 innings at the major league level.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 9
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)