Aug 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
Via Corey Brock, the Padres beat writer for MLB.com …
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) August 19, 2014
Hahn threw only 69 innings last year in the Rays’ minor league system, so the Padres are trying to be careful with his workload. He has already totaled 110 1/3 innings this season between the minors and majors.
The plan is to use him lightly at Double-A and then call him back up when rosters expand in September.
Hahn was acquired from Tampa Bay in the five-player January trade involving utilityman Logan Forsythe and the 25-year-old right-hander already has the makings of a long-term frontline starter for the Friars. Hahn boasts a superb 2.96 ERA, 1.129 WHIP and 65/29 K/BB ratio through his first 70 innings at the major league level.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 55
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)