Aug 19, 2014, 7:57 PM EDT
Via Corey Brock, the Padres beat writer for MLB.com …
— Corey Brock (@FollowThePadres) August 19, 2014
Hahn threw only 69 innings last year in the Rays’ minor league system, so the Padres are trying to be careful with his workload. He has already totaled 110 1/3 innings this season between the minors and majors.
The plan is to use him lightly at Double-A and then call him back up when rosters expand in September.
Hahn was acquired from Tampa Bay in the five-player January trade involving utilityman Logan Forsythe and the 25-year-old right-hander already has the makings of a long-term frontline starter for the Friars. Hahn boasts a superb 2.96 ERA, 1.129 WHIP and 65/29 K/BB ratio through his first 70 innings at the major league level.
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 0
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 28
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 15
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29