Aug 19, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Your team — the one team in the NL West some people said could give the Dodgers a race — is 16.5 games back. You’ve come off two .500 years in a row that were, based on the year before that, disappointments. Your managerial style has been widely criticized and there is no small amount of evidence that said style has driven players away who have flourished elsewhere. Plus, you’re getting a rep for being dirty, frankly. What does that earn you?
Apparently it gets your option year picked up.
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Diamondbacks are planning to bring manager Kirk Gibson back for 2015. No official word yet and no word about the status of Kevin Towers. But Nightengale thinks that Tony La Russa is leaning in the direction of giving Gibby another go.
Hey, their team. They can do what they wanna.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 38
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 51
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (92)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)