Aug 19, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Your team — the one team in the NL West some people said could give the Dodgers a race — is 16.5 games back. You’ve come off two .500 years in a row that were, based on the year before that, disappointments. Your managerial style has been widely criticized and there is no small amount of evidence that said style has driven players away who have flourished elsewhere. Plus, you’re getting a rep for being dirty, frankly. What does that earn you?
Apparently it gets your option year picked up.
Bob Nightengale of USA Today reports that the Diamondbacks are planning to bring manager Kirk Gibson back for 2015. No official word yet and no word about the status of Kevin Towers. But Nightengale thinks that Tony La Russa is leaning in the direction of giving Gibby another go.
Hey, their team. They can do what they wanna.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 45
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 10
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)