Aug 20, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Derek Holland‘s minor-league rehab assignment has been a mixed bag, but after allowing four runs in his latest outing the Rangers left-hander proclaimed himself ready to rejoin the rotation.
Holland, who hasn’t pitched this season following knee surgery, told Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram:
I feel like I’m ready, but that’s up to them. I can’t decide too much. They have to figure out what the call is. I’m ready. The whole thing down there was just making sure I could finish and go as long as I could. I feel good.
Holland threw five innings and 87 pitches Tuesday, but he’s allowed 11 runs in 10 innings at Triple-A spread over three starts. Ready or not, based on manager Ron Washington’s comments it sounds like the Rangers aren’t planning to activate Holland until September.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)