Aug 20, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Derek Holland‘s minor-league rehab assignment has been a mixed bag, but after allowing four runs in his latest outing the Rangers left-hander proclaimed himself ready to rejoin the rotation.
Holland, who hasn’t pitched this season following knee surgery, told Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star Telegram:
I feel like I’m ready, but that’s up to them. I can’t decide too much. They have to figure out what the call is. I’m ready. The whole thing down there was just making sure I could finish and go as long as I could. I feel good.
Holland threw five innings and 87 pitches Tuesday, but he’s allowed 11 runs in 10 innings at Triple-A spread over three starts. Ready or not, based on manager Ron Washington’s comments it sounds like the Rangers aren’t planning to activate Holland until September.
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)