Aug 20, 2014, 9:41 AM EST
Lots of people are doing the ice bucket challenge. And while some people are getting grumpy about it for being overplayed or whatever, I couldn’t give less of a crap as long as money is going to fight ALS. They can make it into the “stand on your head and spit wooden nickels challenge” and it’d be totally cool. This ain’t the Harlem Shake, here.
Two of baseball’s biggest names have done it in the past couple of days. Derek Jeter and Andrew McCutchen. And they gave us entertaining versions. Jeter’s because the guys who poured the bucket were CC Sabathia and Masahiro Tanaka, who are apparently still physically intact:
McCutchen’s is cool because he went artistic with it:
If seeing these otherwise classy professionals jump around and yelp from a cold water bath has inspired you to help fight ALS, here is an excellent place to start.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27