Aug 20, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The announcement comes via Dennis Lin at the San Diego Union-Tribune …
Padres reinstate Cameron Maybin from the restricted list, option Jace Peterson to El Paso, DFA Bobby LaFromboise.
— Dennis Lin (@dennistlin) August 20, 2014
Maybin was suspended for 25 games without pay on July 23 after failing a test for amphetamines.
He was batting just .247/.286/.368 in 185 plate appearances before the punishment came down and owns a disappointing .248/.307/.365 overall slash line in 1,371 plate appearances since joining San Diego in 2011.
The 27-year-old center fielder is owed a $7 million salary next season and an $8 million salary in 2016.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 102
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)