Aug 20, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The announcement comes via Dennis Lin at the San Diego Union-Tribune …
Padres reinstate Cameron Maybin from the restricted list, option Jace Peterson to El Paso, DFA Bobby LaFromboise.
— Dennis Lin (@dennistlin) August 20, 2014
Maybin was suspended for 25 games without pay on July 23 after failing a test for amphetamines.
He was batting just .247/.286/.368 in 185 plate appearances before the punishment came down and owns a disappointing .248/.307/.365 overall slash line in 1,371 plate appearances since joining San Diego in 2011.
The 27-year-old center fielder is owed a $7 million salary next season and an $8 million salary in 2016.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (109)