Aug 20, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The announcement comes via Dennis Lin at the San Diego Union-Tribune …
Padres reinstate Cameron Maybin from the restricted list, option Jace Peterson to El Paso, DFA Bobby LaFromboise.
— Dennis Lin (@dennistlin) August 20, 2014
Maybin was suspended for 25 games without pay on July 23 after failing a test for amphetamines.
He was batting just .247/.286/.368 in 185 plate appearances before the punishment came down and owns a disappointing .248/.307/.365 overall slash line in 1,371 plate appearances since joining San Diego in 2011.
The 27-year-old center fielder is owed a $7 million salary next season and an $8 million salary in 2016.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 16
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 11
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 61
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 96
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (132)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)