Aug 20, 2014, 7:14 PM EDT
The announcement comes via Dennis Lin at the San Diego Union-Tribune …
Padres reinstate Cameron Maybin from the restricted list, option Jace Peterson to El Paso, DFA Bobby LaFromboise.
— Dennis Lin (@dennistlin) August 20, 2014
Maybin was suspended for 25 games without pay on July 23 after failing a test for amphetamines.
He was batting just .247/.286/.368 in 185 plate appearances before the punishment came down and owns a disappointing .248/.307/.365 overall slash line in 1,371 plate appearances since joining San Diego in 2011.
The 27-year-old center fielder is owed a $7 million salary next season and an $8 million salary in 2016.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)