Aug 20, 2014, 5:17 PM EDT
Wil Myers is off the disabled list after missing nearly three months with a fractured right wrist and the reigning Rookie of the Year winner is back in the Rays’ lineup.
Myers was struggling before colliding with Desmond Jennings in the outfield on May 30, hitting .227 with five homers and a .666 OPS that was a 165-point drop from last season.
Myers went 6-for-24 (.250) with two homers and a .961 OPS in seven games on a minor-league rehab assignment at Triple-A to convince the Rays he’s ready to return.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 118
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 156
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 22
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 56
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (173)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (156)