Aug 20, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
This tweet from Chipper Jones amused me, perhaps more than it had any right to:
Walking thru the Des Moines airport and who do I bump into??? None other than a dreadlock-less, Manny Ramirez. Of all the gin joints….
— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) August 20, 2014
No biggie, just two 42-year-old should-be Hall of Famers with a combined 20 All-Star game appearances and 1,023 career homers running into each other in the Des Moines, Iowa airport.
Jones is retired, so he was probably hunting there or something. Ramirez is a player/coach for the Triple-A Iowa Cubs, for whom he’s hit just .206 in 21 games.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 45
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 37
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 88
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)