Aug 20, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
This tweet from Chipper Jones amused me, perhaps more than it had any right to:
Walking thru the Des Moines airport and who do I bump into??? None other than a dreadlock-less, Manny Ramirez. Of all the gin joints….
— Chipper Jones (@RealCJ10) August 20, 2014
No biggie, just two 42-year-old should-be Hall of Famers with a combined 20 All-Star game appearances and 1,023 career homers running into each other in the Des Moines, Iowa airport.
Jones is retired, so he was probably hunting there or something. Ramirez is a player/coach for the Triple-A Iowa Cubs, for whom he’s hit just .206 in 21 games.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 95
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)