Aug 21, 2014, 11:01 PM EDT
Padres closer Joaquin Benoit hasn’t appeared in a game since last Wednesday due to soreness in his throwing shoulder, but Dennis Lin of UT-San Diego reports that he’s expected to avoid the disabled list.
Benoit had no issues after he threw long toss and a five-minute bullpen session today at Dodger Stadium. Padres manager Bud Black believes he could be able to return to action tomorrow or Saturday.
Benoit, who inherited the closer role after the Huston Street trade, has compiled a 1.64 ERA, seven saves, and a 59/14 K/BB ratio over 49 1/3 innings this season.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 6
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 12
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 132
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (132)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)