Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Cubs prospect Kris Bryant was sidelined for a couple days with a foot injury, during which time Rangers prospect Joey Gallo tied him for the minor-league lead with 40 homers, but Bryant is back in the Triple-A Iowa lineup and smacked his minors-leading 41st homer yesterday.
I’ll post the 41st homer video below, but first a little factoid: According to MLB.com the last minor leaguer with more than 41 homers in a season was Dallas McPherson of the Marlins with 42 at Triple-A in 2008.
In addition to the 41 homers in 127 games Bryant is also hitting .336 with 34 doubles, 78 walks, and 15 steals. Oh, and a 1.128 OPS.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)