Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EST
Cubs prospect Kris Bryant was sidelined for a couple days with a foot injury, during which time Rangers prospect Joey Gallo tied him for the minor-league lead with 40 homers, but Bryant is back in the Triple-A Iowa lineup and smacked his minors-leading 41st homer yesterday.
I’ll post the 41st homer video below, but first a little factoid: According to MLB.com the last minor leaguer with more than 41 homers in a season was Dallas McPherson of the Marlins with 42 at Triple-A in 2008.
In addition to the 41 homers in 127 games Bryant is also hitting .336 with 34 doubles, 78 walks, and 15 steals. Oh, and a 1.128 OPS.
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 26
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 24
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 28
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)