Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Cubs prospect Kris Bryant was sidelined for a couple days with a foot injury, during which time Rangers prospect Joey Gallo tied him for the minor-league lead with 40 homers, but Bryant is back in the Triple-A Iowa lineup and smacked his minors-leading 41st homer yesterday.
I’ll post the 41st homer video below, but first a little factoid: According to MLB.com the last minor leaguer with more than 41 homers in a season was Dallas McPherson of the Marlins with 42 at Triple-A in 2008.
In addition to the 41 homers in 127 games Bryant is also hitting .336 with 34 doubles, 78 walks, and 15 steals. Oh, and a 1.128 OPS.
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 1
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 19
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 346
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 81
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 53
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (346)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (180)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)