Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Cubs prospect Kris Bryant was sidelined for a couple days with a foot injury, during which time Rangers prospect Joey Gallo tied him for the minor-league lead with 40 homers, but Bryant is back in the Triple-A Iowa lineup and smacked his minors-leading 41st homer yesterday.
I’ll post the 41st homer video below, but first a little factoid: According to MLB.com the last minor leaguer with more than 41 homers in a season was Dallas McPherson of the Marlins with 42 at Triple-A in 2008.
In addition to the 41 homers in 127 games Bryant is also hitting .336 with 34 doubles, 78 walks, and 15 steals. Oh, and a 1.128 OPS.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 11
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 21
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)