Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Cubs prospect Kris Bryant was sidelined for a couple days with a foot injury, during which time Rangers prospect Joey Gallo tied him for the minor-league lead with 40 homers, but Bryant is back in the Triple-A Iowa lineup and smacked his minors-leading 41st homer yesterday.
I’ll post the 41st homer video below, but first a little factoid: According to MLB.com the last minor leaguer with more than 41 homers in a season was Dallas McPherson of the Marlins with 42 at Triple-A in 2008.
In addition to the 41 homers in 127 games Bryant is also hitting .336 with 34 doubles, 78 walks, and 15 steals. Oh, and a 1.128 OPS.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)