Aug 21, 2014, 11:32 AM EST
The Tigers have been getting uneven offensive performances this year. So this can’t be good news:
Miguel Cabrera reaggravated a right ankle injury when he slid into home plate last night. It’s minor, but something to keep an eye on.
— James Schmehl (@jamesschmehl) August 21, 2014
He’ll play through it, but he’s DHing today. Last year Cabrera got absolutely sapped after suffering injuries late in the season. This is a totally different and apparently less minor injury, but it can’t make Tigers fans feel good.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27