Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Perez left Monday’s game after he tweaked the patella tendon in his knee while running the bases. He managed to return to the lineup on Tuesday and went 1-for-5 with an RBI double, but he was scratched yesterday due to renewed tightness in the knee. The Royals weren’t overly concerned about the situation, but they also didn’t want to take any chances. Now that an MRI has confirmed their initial diagnosis, he could return for the start of a three-game series against the Rangers tomorrow.
Perez, 24, is batting .268/.304/.417 with 15 home runs and 54 RBI over 115 games this season.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)