Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Perez left Monday’s game after he tweaked the patella tendon in his knee while running the bases. He managed to return to the lineup on Tuesday and went 1-for-5 with an RBI double, but he was scratched yesterday due to renewed tightness in the knee. The Royals weren’t overly concerned about the situation, but they also didn’t want to take any chances. Now that an MRI has confirmed their initial diagnosis, he could return for the start of a three-game series against the Rangers tomorrow.
Perez, 24, is batting .268/.304/.417 with 15 home runs and 54 RBI over 115 games this season.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)