Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Perez left Monday’s game after he tweaked the patella tendon in his knee while running the bases. He managed to return to the lineup on Tuesday and went 1-for-5 with an RBI double, but he was scratched yesterday due to renewed tightness in the knee. The Royals weren’t overly concerned about the situation, but they also didn’t want to take any chances. Now that an MRI has confirmed their initial diagnosis, he could return for the start of a three-game series against the Rangers tomorrow.
Perez, 24, is batting .268/.304/.417 with 15 home runs and 54 RBI over 115 games this season.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (86)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)