Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Perez left Monday’s game after he tweaked the patella tendon in his knee while running the bases. He managed to return to the lineup on Tuesday and went 1-for-5 with an RBI double, but he was scratched yesterday due to renewed tightness in the knee. The Royals weren’t overly concerned about the situation, but they also didn’t want to take any chances. Now that an MRI has confirmed their initial diagnosis, he could return for the start of a three-game series against the Rangers tomorrow.
Perez, 24, is batting .268/.304/.417 with 15 home runs and 54 RBI over 115 games this season.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)