Aug 21, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Perez left Monday’s game after he tweaked the patella tendon in his knee while running the bases. He managed to return to the lineup on Tuesday and went 1-for-5 with an RBI double, but he was scratched yesterday due to renewed tightness in the knee. The Royals weren’t overly concerned about the situation, but they also didn’t want to take any chances. Now that an MRI has confirmed their initial diagnosis, he could return for the start of a three-game series against the Rangers tomorrow.
Perez, 24, is batting .268/.304/.417 with 15 home runs and 54 RBI over 115 games this season.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 24
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 53
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 133
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 69
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (363)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (133)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)