Aug 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez left Monday’s game with some soreness in the knee. It was downplayed by the Royals and he started on Tuesday. But then he missed last night’s game. Now it’s MRI time:
Salvador Perez will undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. Ned Yost still says the condition is not serious.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) August 21, 2014
I guess what I’m curious about is whether Perez was being unnecessarily tough on Tuesday and whether he should’ve rested then. But I suppose if the MRI is clear it doesn’t matter.
If it isn’t. Welp, that’s a problem, as he has been one of the more productive hitters on a team that is hungry for offense.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)