Aug 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez left Monday’s game with some soreness in the knee. It was downplayed by the Royals and he started on Tuesday. But then he missed last night’s game. Now it’s MRI time:
Salvador Perez will undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. Ned Yost still says the condition is not serious.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) August 21, 2014
I guess what I’m curious about is whether Perez was being unnecessarily tough on Tuesday and whether he should’ve rested then. But I suppose if the MRI is clear it doesn’t matter.
If it isn’t. Welp, that’s a problem, as he has been one of the more productive hitters on a team that is hungry for offense.
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 15
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 78
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)