Aug 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez left Monday’s game with some soreness in the knee. It was downplayed by the Royals and he started on Tuesday. But then he missed last night’s game. Now it’s MRI time:
Salvador Perez will undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. Ned Yost still says the condition is not serious.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) August 21, 2014
I guess what I’m curious about is whether Perez was being unnecessarily tough on Tuesday and whether he should’ve rested then. But I suppose if the MRI is clear it doesn’t matter.
If it isn’t. Welp, that’s a problem, as he has been one of the more productive hitters on a team that is hungry for offense.
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 42
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 14
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- Contact and controversy in the ninth inning of last night’s Dodgers-Giants game 54
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)