Aug 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EDT
Royals catcher Salvador Perez left Monday’s game with some soreness in the knee. It was downplayed by the Royals and he started on Tuesday. But then he missed last night’s game. Now it’s MRI time:
Salvador Perez will undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. Ned Yost still says the condition is not serious.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) August 21, 2014
I guess what I’m curious about is whether Perez was being unnecessarily tough on Tuesday and whether he should’ve rested then. But I suppose if the MRI is clear it doesn’t matter.
If it isn’t. Welp, that’s a problem, as he has been one of the more productive hitters on a team that is hungry for offense.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)