Aug 21, 2014, 10:30 AM EST
Royals catcher Salvador Perez left Monday’s game with some soreness in the knee. It was downplayed by the Royals and he started on Tuesday. But then he missed last night’s game. Now it’s MRI time:
Salvador Perez will undergo an MRI on his knee tomorrow. Ned Yost still says the condition is not serious.
— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughStar) August 21, 2014
I guess what I’m curious about is whether Perez was being unnecessarily tough on Tuesday and whether he should’ve rested then. But I suppose if the MRI is clear it doesn’t matter.
If it isn’t. Welp, that’s a problem, as he has been one of the more productive hitters on a team that is hungry for offense.
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 32
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 78
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 129
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 22
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 35
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (129)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)