Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
This pic is not of Pederson’s Century. This one is far nicer.
Joc Pederson is going to be playing in Los Angeles once the rosters expand on September 1. And, assuming the Dodgers figure out their logjam in the outfield, he could never be retuning to the minor leagues. As such, he probably won’t have much use for his sweet ride: a 1994 Buick Century with 166,000 miles on it. Maybe it can be yours! From the Isotopes’ press release:
One lucky fan at the Albuquerque Isotopes game next Friday, Aug. 29, will drive away (or tow away) outfielder Joc Pederson’s luxurious 1994 Buick Century. Fans will not want to miss the chance to win this one-of-a-kind car driven by the next Los Angeles Dodgers superstar.
The car, nicknamed “Little Chucky,” has only 166,000 miles on it and has at least one operable window, which is really all you need. It is perfect for cruising around during the New Mexico summers with its “awesome” stereo system and lack of air conditioning. Kelly Blue Book estimates the value at nearly $1,000 (depending on if it has a full tank of gas). Little Chucky will also come with two complimentary air fresheners and whatever else Pederson forgets to clean out.
You can enter by going to the Isotopes’ game on August 29 and filling out an entry. The “winner” will be picked after the game. If you want to see the car in question, click through to the story here.
Pederson has hit .300/.430/.580 with 31 homers and 28 stolen bases this year. I would presume his next car will be something better. Like, I dunno, a 2002 Buick Century.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 12
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 19
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)