Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 PM EST
This pic is not of Pederson’s Century. This one is far nicer.
Joc Pederson is going to be playing in Los Angeles once the rosters expand on September 1. And, assuming the Dodgers figure out their logjam in the outfield, he could never be retuning to the minor leagues. As such, he probably won’t have much use for his sweet ride: a 1994 Buick Century with 166,000 miles on it. Maybe it can be yours! From the Isotopes’ press release:
One lucky fan at the Albuquerque Isotopes game next Friday, Aug. 29, will drive away (or tow away) outfielder Joc Pederson’s luxurious 1994 Buick Century. Fans will not want to miss the chance to win this one-of-a-kind car driven by the next Los Angeles Dodgers superstar.
The car, nicknamed “Little Chucky,” has only 166,000 miles on it and has at least one operable window, which is really all you need. It is perfect for cruising around during the New Mexico summers with its “awesome” stereo system and lack of air conditioning. Kelly Blue Book estimates the value at nearly $1,000 (depending on if it has a full tank of gas). Little Chucky will also come with two complimentary air fresheners and whatever else Pederson forgets to clean out.
You can enter by going to the Isotopes’ game on August 29 and filling out an entry. The “winner” will be picked after the game. If you want to see the car in question, click through to the story here.
Pederson has hit .300/.430/.580 with 31 homers and 28 stolen bases this year. I would presume his next car will be something better. Like, I dunno, a 2002 Buick Century.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 18
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (379)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (146)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)