Aug 22, 2014, 3:36 PM EDT
This pic is not of Pederson’s Century. This one is far nicer.
Joc Pederson is going to be playing in Los Angeles once the rosters expand on September 1. And, assuming the Dodgers figure out their logjam in the outfield, he could never be retuning to the minor leagues. As such, he probably won’t have much use for his sweet ride: a 1994 Buick Century with 166,000 miles on it. Maybe it can be yours! From the Isotopes’ press release:
One lucky fan at the Albuquerque Isotopes game next Friday, Aug. 29, will drive away (or tow away) outfielder Joc Pederson’s luxurious 1994 Buick Century. Fans will not want to miss the chance to win this one-of-a-kind car driven by the next Los Angeles Dodgers superstar.
The car, nicknamed “Little Chucky,” has only 166,000 miles on it and has at least one operable window, which is really all you need. It is perfect for cruising around during the New Mexico summers with its “awesome” stereo system and lack of air conditioning. Kelly Blue Book estimates the value at nearly $1,000 (depending on if it has a full tank of gas). Little Chucky will also come with two complimentary air fresheners and whatever else Pederson forgets to clean out.
You can enter by going to the Isotopes’ game on August 29 and filling out an entry. The “winner” will be picked after the game. If you want to see the car in question, click through to the story here.
Pederson has hit .300/.430/.580 with 31 homers and 28 stolen bases this year. I would presume his next car will be something better. Like, I dunno, a 2002 Buick Century.
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 55
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)