Aug 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
According to Michael Baldwin of The Oklahoman, the Dodgers will have a new home for their Triple-A affiliate when the 2015 season begins. Currently in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Dodgers’ Triple-A players will play their home games in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma next season.
Baldwin writes that a group affiliated with the Dodgers is finalizing a purchase of the Oklahoma RedHawks, the current affiliate of the Houston Astros. Reportedly, Mandalay Baseball Properties will receive between $22-28 million in the deal.
The Dodgers aren’t the only team that could swap affiliates. The Athletics could move their Triple-A affiliate to Nashville while the Giants take Sacramento, formerly of the A’s, from Fresno.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 0
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 28
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 105
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (80)