Aug 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EST
According to Michael Baldwin of The Oklahoman, the Dodgers will have a new home for their Triple-A affiliate when the 2015 season begins. Currently in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Dodgers’ Triple-A players will play their home games in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma next season.
Baldwin writes that a group affiliated with the Dodgers is finalizing a purchase of the Oklahoma RedHawks, the current affiliate of the Houston Astros. Reportedly, Mandalay Baseball Properties will receive between $22-28 million in the deal.
The Dodgers aren’t the only team that could swap affiliates. The Athletics could move their Triple-A affiliate to Nashville while the Giants take Sacramento, formerly of the A’s, from Fresno.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (272)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)