Aug 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
According to Michael Baldwin of The Oklahoman, the Dodgers will have a new home for their Triple-A affiliate when the 2015 season begins. Currently in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Dodgers’ Triple-A players will play their home games in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma next season.
Baldwin writes that a group affiliated with the Dodgers is finalizing a purchase of the Oklahoma RedHawks, the current affiliate of the Houston Astros. Reportedly, Mandalay Baseball Properties will receive between $22-28 million in the deal.
The Dodgers aren’t the only team that could swap affiliates. The Athletics could move their Triple-A affiliate to Nashville while the Giants take Sacramento, formerly of the A’s, from Fresno.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 14
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)