Aug 22, 2014, 8:20 PM EDT
According to Michael Baldwin of The Oklahoman, the Dodgers will have a new home for their Triple-A affiliate when the 2015 season begins. Currently in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Dodgers’ Triple-A players will play their home games in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma next season.
Baldwin writes that a group affiliated with the Dodgers is finalizing a purchase of the Oklahoma RedHawks, the current affiliate of the Houston Astros. Reportedly, Mandalay Baseball Properties will receive between $22-28 million in the deal.
The Dodgers aren’t the only team that could swap affiliates. The Athletics could move their Triple-A affiliate to Nashville while the Giants take Sacramento, formerly of the A’s, from Fresno.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade (78)