Aug 22, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
Per the Angels’ Twitter, starter Garrett Richards underwent surgery to repair his left knee. As reported previously, the timetable for his return is six to nine months, which puts him on track to return either before the start of the regular season or before the All-Star break.
Richards suffered a torn patellar tendon in his left knee covering first base in the second inning of Wednesday’s start in Boston against the Red Sox. The 26-year-old right-hander ends his season with a 13-4 record, a 2.61 ERA, and a 164/51 K/BB ratio in 168 2/3 innings across 26 starts.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)