Aug 22, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
Per the Angels’ Twitter, starter Garrett Richards underwent surgery to repair his left knee. As reported previously, the timetable for his return is six to nine months, which puts him on track to return either before the start of the regular season or before the All-Star break.
Richards suffered a torn patellar tendon in his left knee covering first base in the second inning of Wednesday’s start in Boston against the Red Sox. The 26-year-old right-hander ends his season with a 13-4 record, a 2.61 ERA, and a 164/51 K/BB ratio in 168 2/3 innings across 26 starts.
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 8
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- REPORT: The Astros to name A.J. Hinch their new manager today 24
- Twins fire manager Ron Gardenhire 37
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)