Aug 23, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte tonight against Norfolk. If all goes well, Eaton could rejoin the White Sox as early as Tuesday, when the White Sox begin a homestand starting with the Indians, reports MLB.com’s Jamal Collier.
Eaton landed on the 15-day disabled list on August 9 with a strained right oblique. It’s his second stint on the disabled list this season, as he also missed some time in May with a strained right hamstring.
When healthy, the 25-year-old outfielder has been solid atop the White Sox lineup with a .304/.370/.401 slash line, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)