Aug 23, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte tonight against Norfolk. If all goes well, Eaton could rejoin the White Sox as early as Tuesday, when the White Sox begin a homestand starting with the Indians, reports MLB.com’s Jamal Collier.
Eaton landed on the 15-day disabled list on August 9 with a strained right oblique. It’s his second stint on the disabled list this season, as he also missed some time in May with a strained right hamstring.
When healthy, the 25-year-old outfielder has been solid atop the White Sox lineup with a .304/.370/.401 slash line, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)