Aug 23, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte tonight against Norfolk. If all goes well, Eaton could rejoin the White Sox as early as Tuesday, when the White Sox begin a homestand starting with the Indians, reports MLB.com’s Jamal Collier.
Eaton landed on the 15-day disabled list on August 9 with a strained right oblique. It’s his second stint on the disabled list this season, as he also missed some time in May with a strained right hamstring.
When healthy, the 25-year-old outfielder has been solid atop the White Sox lineup with a .304/.370/.401 slash line, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)