Aug 23, 2014, 11:55 PM EDT
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte tonight against Norfolk. If all goes well, Eaton could rejoin the White Sox as early as Tuesday, when the White Sox begin a homestand starting with the Indians, reports MLB.com’s Jamal Collier.
Eaton landed on the 15-day disabled list on August 9 with a strained right oblique. It’s his second stint on the disabled list this season, as he also missed some time in May with a strained right hamstring.
When healthy, the 25-year-old outfielder has been solid atop the White Sox lineup with a .304/.370/.401 slash line, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)