Aug 23, 2014, 11:55 PM EST
White Sox outfielder Adam Eaton will begin a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte tonight against Norfolk. If all goes well, Eaton could rejoin the White Sox as early as Tuesday, when the White Sox begin a homestand starting with the Indians, reports MLB.com’s Jamal Collier.
Eaton landed on the 15-day disabled list on August 9 with a strained right oblique. It’s his second stint on the disabled list this season, as he also missed some time in May with a strained right hamstring.
When healthy, the 25-year-old outfielder has been solid atop the White Sox lineup with a .304/.370/.401 slash line, 32 RBI, and 12 stolen bases.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 68
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 158
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (159)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (135)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)