Aug 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Gomes was hit in the helmet with a foul tip on Thursday. He told the media he is already feeling better, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to head injuries. The 27-year-old has 17 home runs, 53 RBI, and a .284/.324/.477 slash line in 411 plate appearances this season.
The Rangers designated Gimenez for assignment on August 7. In 118 plate appearances for the Rangers, he slashed .262/.331/.355 with 11 RBI. Gimenez will be added to the Indians’ big league roster and will stay there until Gomes is ready to return.
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 0
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 45
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 24
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 35
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)