Aug 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Gomes was hit in the helmet with a foul tip on Thursday. He told the media he is already feeling better, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to head injuries. The 27-year-old has 17 home runs, 53 RBI, and a .284/.324/.477 slash line in 411 plate appearances this season.
The Rangers designated Gimenez for assignment on August 7. In 118 plate appearances for the Rangers, he slashed .262/.331/.355 with 11 RBI. Gimenez will be added to the Indians’ big league roster and will stay there until Gomes is ready to return.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (168)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)