Aug 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Gomes was hit in the helmet with a foul tip on Thursday. He told the media he is already feeling better, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to head injuries. The 27-year-old has 17 home runs, 53 RBI, and a .284/.324/.477 slash line in 411 plate appearances this season.
The Rangers designated Gimenez for assignment on August 7. In 118 plate appearances for the Rangers, he slashed .262/.331/.355 with 11 RBI. Gimenez will be added to the Indians’ big league roster and will stay there until Gomes is ready to return.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)