Aug 23, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
Gomes was hit in the helmet with a foul tip on Thursday. He told the media he is already feeling better, but it’s always better to be safe than sorry when it comes to head injuries. The 27-year-old has 17 home runs, 53 RBI, and a .284/.324/.477 slash line in 411 plate appearances this season.
The Rangers designated Gimenez for assignment on August 7. In 118 plate appearances for the Rangers, he slashed .262/.331/.355 with 11 RBI. Gimenez will be added to the Indians’ big league roster and will stay there until Gomes is ready to return.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)