Aug 23, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
The Cubs acquired Turner from the Marlins on August 8, sending minor leaguers Jose Arias and Tyler Bremer to Miami. Turner has made two relief appearances for the Cubs thus far, allowing one run on three hits and no walks while striking out one in 4 1/3 innings.
In 12 starts and eight relief appearances for the Marlins prior to joining the Cubs, Turner posted a 5.97 ERA with a 54/23 K/BB ratio in 78 1/3 innings.
Jackson has had it worse, leading the league with 14 losses with an ugly 6.09 ERA in 139 innings over 26 starts. He is in the second year of a four-year, $49 million deal with the Cubs.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)