Aug 23, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
The Cubs acquired Turner from the Marlins on August 8, sending minor leaguers Jose Arias and Tyler Bremer to Miami. Turner has made two relief appearances for the Cubs thus far, allowing one run on three hits and no walks while striking out one in 4 1/3 innings.
In 12 starts and eight relief appearances for the Marlins prior to joining the Cubs, Turner posted a 5.97 ERA with a 54/23 K/BB ratio in 78 1/3 innings.
Jackson has had it worse, leading the league with 14 losses with an ugly 6.09 ERA in 139 innings over 26 starts. He is in the second year of a four-year, $49 million deal with the Cubs.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 10
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 8
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 32
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)