Aug 23, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
The Cubs acquired Turner from the Marlins on August 8, sending minor leaguers Jose Arias and Tyler Bremer to Miami. Turner has made two relief appearances for the Cubs thus far, allowing one run on three hits and no walks while striking out one in 4 1/3 innings.
In 12 starts and eight relief appearances for the Marlins prior to joining the Cubs, Turner posted a 5.97 ERA with a 54/23 K/BB ratio in 78 1/3 innings.
Jackson has had it worse, leading the league with 14 losses with an ugly 6.09 ERA in 139 innings over 26 starts. He is in the second year of a four-year, $49 million deal with the Cubs.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)