Aug 23, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
The Cubs acquired Turner from the Marlins on August 8, sending minor leaguers Jose Arias and Tyler Bremer to Miami. Turner has made two relief appearances for the Cubs thus far, allowing one run on three hits and no walks while striking out one in 4 1/3 innings.
In 12 starts and eight relief appearances for the Marlins prior to joining the Cubs, Turner posted a 5.97 ERA with a 54/23 K/BB ratio in 78 1/3 innings.
Jackson has had it worse, leading the league with 14 losses with an ugly 6.09 ERA in 139 innings over 26 starts. He is in the second year of a four-year, $49 million deal with the Cubs.
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 0
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 6
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 71
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 85
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)