Aug 23, 2014, 2:15 PM EDT
The Cubs acquired Turner from the Marlins on August 8, sending minor leaguers Jose Arias and Tyler Bremer to Miami. Turner has made two relief appearances for the Cubs thus far, allowing one run on three hits and no walks while striking out one in 4 1/3 innings.
In 12 starts and eight relief appearances for the Marlins prior to joining the Cubs, Turner posted a 5.97 ERA with a 54/23 K/BB ratio in 78 1/3 innings.
Jackson has had it worse, leading the league with 14 losses with an ugly 6.09 ERA in 139 innings over 26 starts. He is in the second year of a four-year, $49 million deal with the Cubs.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)