Aug 23, 2014, 4:05 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Mets have placed starter Bartolo Colon on revocable waivers. The right-hander is under contract for the 2015 season, making $11 million, something any interested team will have to take into consideration.
Rosenthal takes care to mention the Angels, who have baseball’s best record. They would be interested in acquiring Colon, having lost Garrett Richards to a season-ending knee injury, but 28 other teams would have to pass before the Angels would get a chance to put in a claim.
Colon, 41, is 11-10 with a 3.85 ERA and a 125/21 K/BB ratio in 161 1/3 innings across 24 starts this season.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)