Aug 23, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Mets have placed starter Bartolo Colon on revocable waivers. The right-hander is under contract for the 2015 season, making $11 million, something any interested team will have to take into consideration.
Rosenthal takes care to mention the Angels, who have baseball’s best record. They would be interested in acquiring Colon, having lost Garrett Richards to a season-ending knee injury, but 28 other teams would have to pass before the Angels would get a chance to put in a claim.
Colon, 41, is 11-10 with a 3.85 ERA and a 125/21 K/BB ratio in 161 1/3 innings across 24 starts this season.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 0
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 19
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 24
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)