Aug 23, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Mets have placed starter Bartolo Colon on revocable waivers. The right-hander is under contract for the 2015 season, making $11 million, something any interested team will have to take into consideration.
Rosenthal takes care to mention the Angels, who have baseball’s best record. They would be interested in acquiring Colon, having lost Garrett Richards to a season-ending knee injury, but 28 other teams would have to pass before the Angels would get a chance to put in a claim.
Colon, 41, is 11-10 with a 3.85 ERA and a 125/21 K/BB ratio in 161 1/3 innings across 24 starts this season.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 75
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 77
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 102
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)