Aug 23, 2014, 4:05 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports reports that the Mets have placed starter Bartolo Colon on revocable waivers. The right-hander is under contract for the 2015 season, making $11 million, something any interested team will have to take into consideration.
Rosenthal takes care to mention the Angels, who have baseball’s best record. They would be interested in acquiring Colon, having lost Garrett Richards to a season-ending knee injury, but 28 other teams would have to pass before the Angels would get a chance to put in a claim.
Colon, 41, is 11-10 with a 3.85 ERA and a 125/21 K/BB ratio in 161 1/3 innings across 24 starts this season.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 56
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)