Aug 23, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Dennis Lin of U-T San Diego reports that the Padres have activated starter Andrew Cashner from the 15-day disabled list and optioned pitcher Frank Garces to Double-A San Antonio. Cashner is slated to oppose Vidal Nuno in Saturday night’s match-up against the Diamondbacks.
Cashner had been on the disabled list since August 19 due to inflammation in his right shoulder. He made three rehab starts: one with Single-A Lake Elsinore and two with Triple-A El Paso. Prior to going on the disabled list, Cashner had emerged as one of the better starters in the National League, posting a 2.36 ERA with a 59/22 K/BB ratio in 76 1/3 innings across 12 starts.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)