Aug 23, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
In 91 plate appearances with the Phillies, Brignac hit one home run, knocked in 10 runs, and posted a .222/.300/.346 slash line. He did have a couple of timely hits, including a walk-off three-run home run on June 11 to break a scoreless tie against the Padres.
Galvis missed a lot of the season after breaking his clavicle in May. Since returning to play at Triple-A to begin the second half, Galvis has performed well, slashing .273/.326/.461 with three home runs and 14 RBI.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)