Aug 23, 2014, 9:35 PM EDT
In 91 plate appearances with the Phillies, Brignac hit one home run, knocked in 10 runs, and posted a .222/.300/.346 slash line. He did have a couple of timely hits, including a walk-off three-run home run on June 11 to break a scoreless tie against the Padres.
Galvis missed a lot of the season after breaking his clavicle in May. Since returning to play at Triple-A to begin the second half, Galvis has performed well, slashing .273/.326/.461 with three home runs and 14 RBI.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)