Aug 23, 2014, 9:35 PM EST
In 91 plate appearances with the Phillies, Brignac hit one home run, knocked in 10 runs, and posted a .222/.300/.346 slash line. He did have a couple of timely hits, including a walk-off three-run home run on June 11 to break a scoreless tie against the Padres.
Galvis missed a lot of the season after breaking his clavicle in May. Since returning to play at Triple-A to begin the second half, Galvis has performed well, slashing .273/.326/.461 with three home runs and 14 RBI.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)