Aug 23, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Twins battered Tigers pitching in a 20-run outburst on Friday night, but that wasn’t enough. Behind a five-RBI day from Kennys Vargas, the Twins scored 12 more times in another easy win over the Tigers this afternoon. For those counting at home, that’s 32 runs on 34 hits and 15 walks in two days. That’s a good week for a lot of teams.
Neither Tigers starting pitcher was able to record more than four outs. On Friday night, Robbie Ray allowed six runs on six hits in 1 1/3 innings. On Saturday afternoon, Buck Farmer allowed seven runs on five hits and two walks in 1 1/3 innings.
With today’s loss, the Tigers fall to 68-59, three games behind the AL Central-leading Royals, who play the Rangers tonight.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 1
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 21
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (113)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)