Aug 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Tampa Bay got promising young shortstop Nick Franklin in three-team David Price trade and the A’s lost Jed Lowrie earlier this month to a fractured right index finger, so a trade seems very possible. The A’s have even been linked to Escobar in the past.
Escobar entered play Sunday with a weak .249/.313/.316 slash line, but the 31-year-old rates very highly defensively. He’s owed $5 million next season and $7 million in 2016 with a $7 million club option for 2017.
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 12
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 19
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 34
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 3
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 13
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (101)