Aug 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EST
Tampa Bay got promising young shortstop Nick Franklin in three-team David Price trade and the A’s lost Jed Lowrie earlier this month to a fractured right index finger, so a trade seems very possible. The A’s have even been linked to Escobar in the past.
Escobar entered play Sunday with a weak .249/.313/.316 slash line, but the 31-year-old rates very highly defensively. He’s owed $5 million next season and $7 million in 2016 with a $7 million club option for 2017.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 13
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)