Aug 24, 2014, 3:32 PM EDT
Tampa Bay got promising young shortstop Nick Franklin in three-team David Price trade and the A’s lost Jed Lowrie earlier this month to a fractured right index finger, so a trade seems very possible. The A’s have even been linked to Escobar in the past.
Escobar entered play Sunday with a weak .249/.313/.316 slash line, but the 31-year-old rates very highly defensively. He’s owed $5 million next season and $7 million in 2016 with a $7 million club option for 2017.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)