Aug 24, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
From beat writer John Lott of the National Post in Canada …
#BlueJays option Kyle Drabek to make room for Sergio Santos.
— John Lott (@LottOnBaseball) August 24, 2014
Santos was designated for assignment by the Jays on July 21 after posting a brutal 7.78 ERA in 24 relief appearances, but the 31-year-old right-hander passed through waivers unclaimed and was then sent outright to Triple-A Buffalo, where he rattled off 11 scoreless relief appearances to earn his way back up.
Santos was excellent in a setup role last season, finishing with a 1.75 ERA in 29 appearances.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 8
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 74
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)