Aug 24, 2014, 11:43 AM EST
From beat writer John Lott of the National Post in Canada …
#BlueJays option Kyle Drabek to make room for Sergio Santos.
— John Lott (@LottOnBaseball) August 24, 2014
Santos was designated for assignment by the Jays on July 21 after posting a brutal 7.78 ERA in 24 relief appearances, but the 31-year-old right-hander passed through waivers unclaimed and was then sent outright to Triple-A Buffalo, where he rattled off 11 scoreless relief appearances to earn his way back up.
Santos was excellent in a setup role last season, finishing with a 1.75 ERA in 29 appearances.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 31
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 99
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (100)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)