Aug 24, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Mets third baseman David Wright did not take his position at third base in the bottom of the third inning. He had singled and scored in the top half, but Eric Campbell entered the game at his position at the hot corner.
ESPN’s Adam Rubin, quoting an SNY report, says Wright left due to neck spasms. It’s not yet known if Wright will have to miss any time due to the injury. Wright has also been dealing with shoulder problems recently.
Wright has had a tough year, mustering only a .265/.323/.368 slash line with eight home runs and 56 RBI. He has struggled particularly recently, notching just two hits — both singles — in his last 29 plate appearances dating back to August 15.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 1
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 36
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 41
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)