Aug 24, 2014, 10:30 PM EST
Mets third baseman David Wright did not take his position at third base in the bottom of the third inning. He had singled and scored in the top half, but Eric Campbell entered the game at his position at the hot corner.
ESPN’s Adam Rubin, quoting an SNY report, says Wright left due to neck spasms. It’s not yet known if Wright will have to miss any time due to the injury. Wright has also been dealing with shoulder problems recently.
Wright has had a tough year, mustering only a .265/.323/.368 slash line with eight home runs and 56 RBI. He has struggled particularly recently, notching just two hits — both singles — in his last 29 plate appearances dating back to August 15.
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 34
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical 133
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 285
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 77
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (285)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)