Aug 24, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Mets third baseman David Wright did not take his position at third base in the bottom of the third inning. He had singled and scored in the top half, but Eric Campbell entered the game at his position at the hot corner.
ESPN’s Adam Rubin, quoting an SNY report, says Wright left due to neck spasms. It’s not yet known if Wright will have to miss any time due to the injury. Wright has also been dealing with shoulder problems recently.
Wright has had a tough year, mustering only a .265/.323/.368 slash line with eight home runs and 56 RBI. He has struggled particularly recently, notching just two hits — both singles — in his last 29 plate appearances dating back to August 15.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 49
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 70
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 106
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (106)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (70)