Aug 24, 2014, 10:30 PM EDT
Mets third baseman David Wright did not take his position at third base in the bottom of the third inning. He had singled and scored in the top half, but Eric Campbell entered the game at his position at the hot corner.
ESPN’s Adam Rubin, quoting an SNY report, says Wright left due to neck spasms. It’s not yet known if Wright will have to miss any time due to the injury. Wright has also been dealing with shoulder problems recently.
Wright has had a tough year, mustering only a .265/.323/.368 slash line with eight home runs and 56 RBI. He has struggled particularly recently, notching just two hits — both singles — in his last 29 plate appearances dating back to August 15.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 16
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 4
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 50
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 87
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (89)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (87)