Aug 24, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
The Dodgers have reinstated Hanley Ramirez from the disabled list and optioned Erisbel Arruebarrena to Albuquerque.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 24, 2014
Hanley wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained right oblique muscle. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Mets that there are no lingering concerns about the injury and that Ramirez will play pretty much every day down the stretch.
The Dodgers recently tabled extension talks with Ramirez. He can become a free agent in November.
- 2015 Preview: Colorado Rockies 4
- 2015 Preview: Minnesota Twins 18
- 2015 Preview: Philadelphia Phillies 26
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 43
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 22
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 21
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (91)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)