Aug 24, 2014, 4:17 PM EST
The Dodgers have reinstated Hanley Ramirez from the disabled list and optioned Erisbel Arruebarrena to Albuquerque.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 24, 2014
Hanley wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained right oblique muscle. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Mets that there are no lingering concerns about the injury and that Ramirez will play pretty much every day down the stretch.
The Dodgers recently tabled extension talks with Ramirez. He can become a free agent in November.
- UPDATE: Giants believe Hunter Pence suffered broken left forearm on hit-by-pitch 1
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 7
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 136
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 372
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (372)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (308)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (136)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (88)