Aug 24, 2014, 4:17 PM EST
The Dodgers have reinstated Hanley Ramirez from the disabled list and optioned Erisbel Arruebarrena to Albuquerque.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 24, 2014
Hanley wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained right oblique muscle. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Mets that there are no lingering concerns about the injury and that Ramirez will play pretty much every day down the stretch.
The Dodgers recently tabled extension talks with Ramirez. He can become a free agent in November.
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 33
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 86
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Dodgers cut Brian Wilson and his $9.5 million salary 53
- Royals and Alex Rios agree to one-year, $11 million contract 16
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. 95
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Jon Lester goes to Cubs for $155 million over six years (99)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (96)