Aug 24, 2014, 4:17 PM EDT
The Dodgers have reinstated Hanley Ramirez from the disabled list and optioned Erisbel Arruebarrena to Albuquerque.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 24, 2014
Hanley wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained right oblique muscle. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Mets that there are no lingering concerns about the injury and that Ramirez will play pretty much every day down the stretch.
The Dodgers recently tabled extension talks with Ramirez. He can become a free agent in November.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 22
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 21
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)