Aug 24, 2014, 4:17 PM EST
The Dodgers have reinstated Hanley Ramirez from the disabled list and optioned Erisbel Arruebarrena to Albuquerque.
— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) August 24, 2014
Hanley wound up missing exactly 15 days with a strained right oblique muscle. Dodgers manager Don Mattingly told reporters before Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Mets that there are no lingering concerns about the injury and that Ramirez will play pretty much every day down the stretch.
The Dodgers recently tabled extension talks with Ramirez. He can become a free agent in November.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 18
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 55
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 41
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)